It is the goal of the Mount Carmel English Department to give students the skills necessary to live successfully as Christian men of character in a democratic society.
The graduate of the Mount Carmel English Programs confidently understands himself, his faith, and the world around him. He learns the habits of mid that allow him to critically evaluate options and make good decisions. Through the study of literature, language, and communication, the Mount Carmel graduate learns to be an active, expressive member of his family and community.
English Extra Curricular Activities
- The Caravan: The Mount Carmel school newspaper
- Video Production: writing for film and television
- Essay contests: school sponsored and regional/national contests and publications
- Speech and Debate: IHSA competition team
- Pegasus Players Young Playwright’s Festival
Click here for a full list of our academic
English Department Faculty