Financial Aid

Financial Aid Process

Every registered student has the opportunity to apply for Financial Aid, however not every applicant will receive aid. Applications are processed through FACTS Grant and Aid Services. No consideration for financial aid can be given without this process. Applications may be submitted between December 15 and March each year. Parents of returning students will receive written notification of Financial Aid awards before May 1. Parents of incoming freshman who complete the financial aid applications by February 3, 2017 will receive notification of awards prior to registration in March.

As mandated by the IHSA, there are no athletic scholarships or incentives offered by Mount Carmel High School. If a student withdraws or is dismissed during the year, any grants or scholarships awarded are forfeited and the award amount will be added to the outstanding balance upon withdrawal. 

Consideration for financial aid will be given after the following requirements are met:

  • John F. McCarthy Registration/Tuition contract is completed
  • Nonrefundable $400 registration fee is paid 
  • Enroll and create your online account with FACTS automatic tuition payment program (FACTS instructions)

Online Application for Financial Aid

What you’ll need when applying for Financial Aid

  • Copies of your most recent Federal tax forms including all supporting tax schedules.
  • Copies of all 2015 W-2 forms for both you and your spouse.
  • Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers' Compensation, and TANF.
  • Online payment to FACTS for the processing fee of $25.00.

Student Loans

Families interested in financing tuition with an education loan may research and find many available options that suit your specific need. Following are several of options you may consider:

John F. McCarthy Scholarship

The tuition and registration fee account for 81% of the cost of a Mount Carmel education. The John F. McCarthy Scholarship provides the remaining 19% to every Mount Carmel student. The scholarship, funded through the Mount Carmel Educational Foundation, the Alumni Association, Parent Organizations, Friends of Mount Carmel, and our Office of Institutional Advancement, provides more than one million dollars to our annual budget.

Work Program

The eligibility to participate in the St. Joseph Work Program is based on the information submitted in the FACTS financial aid application. This is an after school work program that enables a student to receive a $750 credit toward his tuition once he has successfully completed the requirements of the program.


Mount Carmel High School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at that school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration or its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.