Physical Education and Health
To develop, promote and support physically-educated individuals who have the knowledge, the skills and the confidence to enjoy creative, healthy and lifelong physical activity are the goals of Mount Carmel’s Physical Education and Health Department.
To these ends, the Physical Education and Health courses emphasize:
- competency in motor skills and movement
- understanding of the concepts, principles and strategies that apply to physical activities
- regular physical activities and collaborative/cooperative team sports
- knowledge and maintenance of a healthy level of physical fitness and recognition of the value of physical fitness
- knowledge of appropriate, healthful and responsible personal and social behavior and respect for others personal and social behavior.
In addition, Mount Carmel’s Physical Education and Health Department responds to the national standards published by the National Association for Sport and Physical Education and incorporates ideas and activities from the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance.