Visit Mount Carmel
Open Houses are open to all prospective students and their parents or guardians. During the Mount Carmel Open House, you will have the opportunity to tour our facilities, hear from our Principal and President, Fr. Tony Mazurkiewicz, O.Carm., talk to faculty and staff about classes and activities you are interested in, and meet Mount Carmel students, and parents.
Please join us this year at one of the following Open Houses:
Sunday, November 19, 2014, from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Thursday, December 4, 2014, from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Honors Program Preview
The Program Preview night is open to all prospective students who excel academically and are interested in Mount Carmel’s renowned Honors/AP Program. All attendees should arrive by 6:00 p.m. for the program. Please note that all information given at this session is specific to the Honors Program. Therefore, families interested in the Honors Program at Mount Carmel are encouraged to attend one of the general Open Houses (listed above) in addition to the Honors Program Preview night in order to receive a fuller picture of the Mount Carmel student experience.
This year’s Honors Program Preview will take place:
Tuesday, November 25, 2014, at 6:00 p.m.
Please reserve your spot at the Honors Program Preview by November 24 with the Admissions team or by registering online.
Columbus Day Shadow Day
Explore Mount Carmel! 7th and 8th grade students are invited to spend a school day with Mount Carmel students, faculty and staff in a program consisting of classroom demonstrations given by a variety of faculty members from different subject areas. Students attending the Columbus Day Shadow Day have the opportunity to socialize with other future members of the Caravan throughout the school day and enjoy meeting other boys from throughout Chicago who may become their high school classmates.
Join the Caravan on Columbus Day:
Monday, October 13, 2014, from 8:00 a.m. to 2:35 p.m.
Students must have permission from their parent and principal to attend a Shadow Day. Lunch will be provided but students need to provide their own transportation. Spaces are limited. Contact the Admissions team to register.
Shadow Days, which offer prospective students the opportunity to experience a typical school day at Mount Carmel, are open to all 6th, 7th & 8th grade students interested in attending Mount Carmel. Shadow Day participants will be paired up with a current Mount Carmel student. The Mount Carmel student will serve as the student’s host, bringing the prospective student to each of his classes for the entire school day.
Please read below for more important information about Shadow Days:
- All Shadow Days must be scheduled in advance with the Admissions team.
- Students may attend a Shadow Day any day that Mount Carmel is in session.
- Prospective students must have permission from their parent and principal to attend.
- Prospective students are typically paired-up with a freshman or sophomore student host who has similar academic and extra-curricular interests. If you already know a Mount Carmel student you would like to shadow, please give the student’s name to Mr. Nolan when you register for your Shadow Day; we will do everything we can to accommodate your request.
- Lunch will be provided to the prospective student and their host.
- Students shadowing at Mount Carmel should come dressed appropriately for school, wearing a polo shirt or dress shirt, khaki or dress pants, a belt and dress shoes.
- Transportation is not provided. Parents should drop students off in the main office at 8:00 a.m. and pick them up when school dismisses at 2:35 p.m.
Please contact the Admissions team
if you have any additional questions about Shadow Days or other events at Mount Carmel High School. We look forward to seeing you this fall!
Prospective students and parents are invited to receive an individual tour at a time that is convenient for you and your family. Tours are typically given on weekdays between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Contact the Admissions team
to set-up your tour.
To set-up your tour or Shadow Day, or to register for an admissions event, contact the Admissions team.
||Mr. Bill Nolan ’87
Director of Admissions
773.324.1020, ext. 265
||Mr. Phil Segroves
Associate Director of Admissions
773.324.1020, ext. 281