Director of Alumni Relations & Special Events
The Director of Alumni Relations & Special Events implements a strategic plan to maximize alumni engagement and best serve the Mount Carmel Mission.
This position designs, develops and implements an engagement program for Mount Carmel alumni to volunteer and serve for Mount Carmel High School. The Director of Alumni Relations plans and manages events and programs for alumni to enhance loyalty, dedication and support for Mount Carmel High School. Primary responsibility is leadership recruitment, training and monitoring for class reunions. The Director of Alumni Relations supports the development fundraising goals through the reunion class endowment program and other development team efforts.
The Director will oversee the recruitment and training of alumni volunteers and inspire relationships within the Mount Carmel community. Contributes to the Carmel Life Magazine featuring class notes and alumni stories. Develop social media platforms directed to alumni. In addition, the Director plans and executes alumni activities in targeted regions locally and across the country.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides vision, leadership and oversight to the Office of Alumni Relations, the Mount Carmel Alumni Association board of directors and its committees to plan and execute the vision of Mount Carmel High School related to alumni engagement.
2. Works closely with the President and Executive Board of the Alumni Association to develop strategy, planning and recruiting alumni leadership for Alumni events and programs, including class reunions, young alumni outreach, class columnists, enrollment support, mentoring, class scholarships, alumni awards, golf outing, and alumni affinity groups. Manages volunteers to successfully serve the Mount Carmel mission.
3. Engages alumni in the life of the school through consistent and positive communication using electronic, print, and social media (Carmel Life Magazine and alumni newsletters).
4. Actively works with all alumni and the Database and Prospect Manager to improve accuracy of alumni records (especially cell phones, email and postal addresses). Research, profile and record the stories of alumni in the database. Assist in entering and maintaining data for alumni donors and prospects in Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge/NXT.
5. Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Development by working on special projects and performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President, Major Gifts.
Education and Experience:
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Experience – Two to four years of working with and cultivating alumni relationships and event planning or similar sales/ customer engagement experience
- Evening, weekend and some travel will be required.
- Experience in high school or university environment
- High level of proficiency with MS Office, Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge or other CRM
- Strong affinity for Mount Carmel mission and Pillars of Excellence
- Effective communication skills
- Customer (internal and external) focus
- Ability to handle situations in an ethical, confidential and appropriate manner
- Team player within Development and all Mount Carmel community
Resume and cover letter may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications begin immediately. For best consideration, submit applications by March 22, 2021. The position is open until filled.
Salary commensurate with experience.