National Honor Society
The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation's premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. Mrs. Jennifer Smola moderates NHS.
Students must apply to be accepted into NHS. NHS members tutor students in the library after school, assist with Open House, Shadow Day, and Parent-Teacher Conferences.
THE CRITERIA FOR MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES:
- At least a 3.85 GPA at the end of sophomore year
- No grade below a C- on official transcript
- Active participation in MC clubs or sports
- No significant disciplinary history or attendance issues
- Completion of the National Honors Society application
- Student must be enrolled or have taken an AP or honors course during his Junior and Senior year