Today, two students were sent home with Covid related symptoms. We immediately began contact tracing protocol, and sent additional students home that may have been in close contact with these students. In our evaluation of these two students, they began not feeling well prior to coming to school this morning. It is critical that your son stay home from school if he is not feeling well.
We have also been made aware of additional students who have begun self quarantining now due to possible secondary exposure outside of Mount Carmel. We appreciate your diligence in helping to keep our students healthy and safe.
Out of caution, we will transition to remote learning on Friday, 11/13, and Monday, 11/16. We will continue to conduct contact tracing and communicate any additional information. We will continue with our deep cleaning regimen of our campus.
As a reminder, with the current spike in the number of reported cases throughout the country, we need to remain diligent in our efforts both in school and at home.
- If your son is not feeling well, you need to keep him home, even for the slightest symptoms.
- If anyone who lives in your home has tested for Covid-19 and is awaiting results, or if your son potentially has been exposed to anyone with Covid-19, please keep him home until verification of test results.
- Emphasize the need for him to wear a face covering, practice social distancing, and wash his hands.
Please continue to communicate to Mr. Tabernacki (email@example.com) any changes in your son’s health or any possible COVID-19 exposure. Below is a list of the most common COVID-19 symptoms and requirements for student’s safe return to school.
- fever, chills, cough, fatigue, diarrhea, headache, sore throat, muscle aches, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, congestion or runny nose, nausea, or vomiting
- Any student with COVID-19 like symptoms, identified at school, will be sent home to be evaluated by a physician.
- Any student with a positive test result will need to quarantine for 10 days and be fever free for 72 hours before returning to school.
- Any student with a negative test result either through a COVID-19 test or the physician’s diagnosis, should remain at home until symptoms disappear.
- Any student exhibiting two or more COVID-19 symptoms, a documented negative COVID-19 test result is required before returning to school.
Be assured that the health of every student and staff member, as well as our families, is our foremost concern.
Please see a message that was delivered to the students this afternoon from Mr. Hughes and Mr. Tabernacki, click here